[NCLUG] linux dvd

Kennan Blehm kmblehm at sigkill.com
Wed Jun 5 09:41:03 MDT 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Idris S Hamid wrote:

> Dear tuxhacks,
>
> What do u guys recommend for watching dvd's in Linux? Has anyone tried Ogle?
>
> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/
>
> Any tips on getting it working well? I may install it this weekend.

I've tried Ogle, Xine and VLC. So far Ogle has worked out really well --
especially for DVD menuing. I can't remember if Xine supports DVD menus as
of now. It's been a while since I installed Ogle, but I believe it also
provided a neat script to run which automatically downloaded and installed
the pertinent decss libraries. Aside from the lack of DVD menus, VLC
worked nicely, too.

Kennan Blehm			                  kmblehm at sigkill.com
"A new world calls across the ocean; a new world calls across the sky.
 A new world whispers in the shadows, 'Time to fly, time to fly.'"
			--Jason Robert Brown, "Songs for a New World"