[NCLUG] Mouse Sticks to Widgets After Upgrade to RH 7.3

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Tue Jun 11 14:19:55 MDT 2002

* Mike Loseke (mike at verinet.com) [020611 09:35]:
> > Anyhow, the only other thing I'm suspicious about is graphics. I have an "ATI
> > 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X" card in the machine, but I'm not sure if it is running
> > in accelerated mode. XConfigurator says that the "X Server" for this is
> > "XF86_Mach64", but when I do a "top", all I see is "X" -- is this a problem?
> > Should "XF86_Mach64" be running instead? Is there any program under Linux
> > that lets me check whether indeed accelerated video is active?
>
>  X is most likely a symlink to 'Xwrapper' which should be starting the
> correct driver binary. You can verify all the server info in
> /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

This is true if you are using XFree86 3.x.  By default you should be
running 4.2.x with RH 7.3, and X should be a symlink to XFree86.
XConfigurator is a 3.x tool, you should check which version of the X
server you're running.  If you aren't running 3.x then Xconfigurator
is creating a config file that isn't being used.

The new 4.x version uses a monolithic X server and loads modules to
support different video cards.  If you aren't running it, my first
suggestion would be to back up your current XF86Config and upgrade.

e.

--
      Eric Brunson        brunson at level3 dot net
tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY