[NCLUG] Need help identifying a mystery network

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Wed Jun 12 15:12:49 MDT 2002

> Yeah, but you're likely to find it's the one coming from your own house...
> in which case, it wouldn't be as much fun to "tell them to lock down their
> network..." ;-)

Huh? I think you misread my message -- I don't even have an access point in my
home. I only have one card and no access point so I'm sure the signal I'm
getting is coming from elsewhere (unless the card is picking up it's own
signal, but I don't think that can happen).

Anyhow, I think you guys pretty much answered the question. What is happening
is that one of my neighbors has a Linksys access point, but no DHCP running,
so I get assigned a dummy address.

Marcio Luis Teixeira