[NCLUG] Experiences with x10 home automation system?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Jun 17 07:37:56 MDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 05:09:05PM -0600, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
>operate at 110V, and can carry the same amperage, so why does the wattage
>differ? As far as I know, P = IV still holds in this part of the universe and
>both should be able to handle 1650 watts.

My understanding is that P=IV only really holds for DC or inductive loads,
and that (in particular) computers at 300 watts don't really match up...  I
forget where it was that I got that information, though.  Maybe that
page about building your own UPS, which was on slashdot within the last few
weeks?  I do know that there are some tricks with A/C power.

 "When I nod my head, hit it."