[NCLUG] Linux magazine suggestions??

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Mon Jun 17 10:27:48 MDT 2002

Brian Stanback writes...

> I suggest subscribing to the Linux Journal.

I cancelled them a while back because,

- They were getting too biased towards their advertisers. They'd have a
glowing review about a propriatary product on one page and an advertisement
for it on the opposite page. That seems to be the way they laid out the whole
magazine. The only had positive reviews.

- They seemed to be targetting the business market more than the Linux
community which may be a good strategy for them but I didn't like it.

- They often had technical errors in their articles, especially the tech
support section. It's clear that they didn't have a editor capable of catching
such things.

They may have gotten better I cancelled at least a year ago. You might try
Linux Magazine instead or maybe Open Source. I haven't read them much so I
don't know if they're any better. I have some free copies I could bring to a
meeting if you like.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org