[NCLUG] any experience modifying gcc specs files?

Gabriel L Somlo somlo at CS.ColoState.EDU
Thu Jun 20 14:46:59 MDT 2002

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but here it
goes anyway:  :)

If you append the path to your gcc libs at the end of

	/etc/ld.so.conf

and then run

	/sbin/ldconfig

the linker will find your libs without users having to list
them in their $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps,

Gabriel

     Gabriel L.  Somlo                   Assistant System Administrator
Computer Science Department
 Colorado State University               e-mail: somlo at cs.colostate.edu
  601 Howes St. 2nd Floor                 phone: +1 (970) 491-5305
  Fort Collins,  CO 80523