[NCLUG] quick and easy mp3 rippin question

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Wed Jun 26 14:54:05 MDT 2002

I think it depends on what you are using to rip your CDs.  In fact, I
thought that cdparanois (www.xiph.com, if I recall correctly) defaults
to putting the entire CD into one wav file unless you explicitly tell it
otherwise...

In general, once you have either a ripper that sticks them all together,
or some program (sox?) that will stitch all the files together, you just
have to run the resulting mass into an MP3 encoder.

Possibly obvious warning:  this is going to take up to 800MB to do the
whole operation.  Make sure you have plenty of disk space...