[NCLUG] wallpaper

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu Mar 14 14:56:34 MST 2002

"Elena Jakubikova" writes...

> /etc/skel/.gnome/Background:wallpaper=/usr/share/pixmaps/dell/dell-grayfade-b
> ack.gif
> /etc/skel/.gnome/Background:wallpaper0=/usr/share/pixmaps/dell/dell-grayfade-
> back.gif
> /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/desktop0rc:Wallpaper=dell-grayfade-back.gif
> /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/desktop1rc:Wallpaper=dell-grayfade-back.gif
> /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/desktop2rc:Wallpaper=dell-grayfade-back.gif
> /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/desktop3rc:Wallpaper=dell-grayfade-back.gif
>
> Unfortunately I am not sure what to do about it next. Sorry to bother you
> but if you could explain some more that would really help.

/etc/skel is where the "skeleton" files are kept. These are the default
configuration files that are copied to new users directories when accounts
are created. So when you created your account you got your own copy that
you can modify from there. I'm surprised that using the gnome and kde
control centers didn't do the right thing. You might need to make the
changes and then "save your session" to make the changes persistant across
logins. A slightly more dangerous method would be to edit your
configuration files by hand. Make sure to make backups first.

Let us know how it goes.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart at fc.hp.com