[NCLUG] disabling/enabling services w/o linuxconf

jkemper at prhc.net jkemper at prhc.net
Fri Mar 22 15:47:29 MST 2002

There is a nifty command line tool called chkconfig. Check it out.
Otherwise you have to manipulate the symbolic links in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d
where X is the runlevel in question. Links starting with S will start a
service and links starting in K will stop (Kill) it.

cd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
ls -l

You will get the idea.

Daniel Herrington <danielh at ftc.agilent.com>@nclug.org on 03/22/2002