[NCLUG] NCLUG HackingSociety Meeting Minutes, 2002-03-26

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Mar 26 23:22:14 MST 2002

=======================
Matt Taggart:

"Processed" his e-mail.

=======================
Evelyn Mitchell:

Attempting to install the new Double-Chocco-Latte (DCL), a time tracking
program.  It wasn't well documented, so she didn't get very far.  Took a
look at installing Request-Tracker, but it requires some things she didn't
have installed, again didn't get very far.

Ordered some tea.

=======================
Scott Kleiheg:

Image manipulation mostly, and a little bit of research.  Ordered a new
PCMCIA hard drive.

=======================
Keith Cereal:

Hacking on the Linux-HA clustering stuff with Sean.

=======================
Sean Reifschneider:

Working on the Python 2.2 RPM.  Updating to 2.2.1c1.  Starting a discussion
with the Python community about some possible changes to the RPM.  Working
on Linux-HA code to add a "unicast" heartbeat method.  Guido told me to get
them to set me up with a webmaster account so I could update the site on my
own.  I promise I won't let the power go to my head.  Much...

Worked on adding a "ucast" plugin to the linux-ha code.  This is to-
supplement the "bcast" and "mcast" methods already in there, so that the-
traffic only goes between two boxes, as opposed to getting sent to all the
machines on the same broadcast domain.

=======================
Gabriel Somlo:

Figured out how to make a patch and submitted a bug report to the guy
who takes care of the anagram program.  Installed Xine, and figured out
that he needs to upgrade the kernel from 2.4.10, because of the VM
stuff causing problems with smooth playing.

Michael Lewis:

Trying to get Linux loaded on his laptop.  NT was on it, but it was too
"doggy".  Tried to get 98, but it wasn't happy.  Problems mostly with
Mandrake dual-boot.
--
 A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy.
                -- Joseph Campbell