[NCLUG] Greetings and invitation to help

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at attbi.com
Tue May 7 20:35:24 MDT 2002

Dear Linux lovers,
Greetings! This is Dr. Idris S. Hamid, a new professor at CSU and new resident of Colorado. I have been meaning to switch my home and office operations to Linux for
some time now and am about ready to make the plunge any day now. I have some experience with Mandrake up to now and I keep up with news in the Linux world but I
don't have that much experience. I have two computers (Pent. 60 and Pent 200MMX) and am planning a major new purchase very soon. I want my new computer to be
an application server and turn the other two into x-slaves. I am using this how-to
http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2001/0823.xterminal.html
as a model for how to get this done. I am hoping that there may be someone in this LUG with Linux experience who may like to have some fun helping me put all of this
together some weekend or evening. If anyone is interested in helping please contact me; I'd love to not have to go throgh all this alone!

Best wishes
Idris

Dr. Idris Samawi Hamid
Depatment of Philosophy