[NCLUG] VoIP Blasters

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Sat May 11 12:56:03 MDT 2002

Shows how often I read my NCLUG mailbox...

Anyway, I was so stoked by the review of the box on Slashdot that I
put an order for 10 at the creative website and was told they are
out.  No report of when they will have more...

Bummer

* quent (quent at pobox.com) [020430 15:42]:
> We had some luck the other day playing with gnome meeting, a quickcam
> and a Polycom H.323 based video conference gizmo at work the other day.
> Gnome meeting worked with netmeeting too.  Now a bunch of us are ordering
> Blasters.  Fun stuff :)
>
> 	Quent
>
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 04:21:15AM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> > If anyone wants a demo of the VoIP Blasters under Linux, I can bring stuff
> > to set up a test configuration to the meeting next week.
> >
> > The short form is that the VoIP Blaster is awesome.  It's a USB dongle that
> > has an RJ-11 jack and a headset jack on it.  You can plug in a regular
> > phone, run the appropiate software, and then dial a number and be connected
> > with another VoIP Blaster user (who's phone will ring).  There's also work
> > to make it interoperate with the Open H.323 stuff so it could talk to any
> > netmeeting user, but I haven't tried that...
> >
> > Oh, and it's only $15...
> >
> > Sean
> > --
> >  I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called *MISTER* Evil!
> >                  -- Dr. Evil, _Austin_Powers:_International_Man_of_Mystery_
> > Sean Reifschneider, Inimitably Superfluous <jafo at tummy.com>
> > tummy.com - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python

      Eric Brunson        brunson at level3 dot net
tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY