[NCLUG] Cheapskate thanks you for your kind assistance

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu May 16 11:37:40 MDT 2002

	and then buy VMWare's virtual machine software
	to install Windows.  This lets you use Windows from within linux, so you're
	encouraged to switch to linux for most uses, but you still have Windows to
	fall back on when there isn't a viable linux alternative.  This is the way
	I'm doing things. (Well, I just finished the free trial period on VMWare; I

I downloaded the VMWare trial a few months back and had significant problems with
stability of the linux side network emulation ... it would lock up and the linux side
would have to be restarted (sometimes several times). Also had several other interesting
problems with mouse/keyboard input coordination/lockup. All of this was with WinME as
the windows OS. Your milage may vary - while mostly ok, for me it was far from
satisfactory for the cost.

John