[NCLUG] Cheapskate thanks you for your kind assistance

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Thu May 16 12:01:25 MDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, John L. Bass wrote:

> I downloaded the VMWare trial a few months back and had significant
> problems with stability of the linux side network emulation ... it would
> lock up and the linux side would have to be restarted (sometimes several
> times). Also had several other interesting problems with mouse/keyboard
> input coordination/lockup. All of this was with WinME as the windows OS.
> Your milage may vary - while mostly ok, for me it was far from
> satisfactory for the cost.

You probably had funky hardware or something; I've been using VMware since
2.0.3 (and when they had student pricing ;-), and I've tried Win4Lin and
nothing beats VMware; it just works (tm).

The weirdest thing I've ever experienced is VMware putting the keyboard
into a weird mode (could only type caps) during startup... but this was
because I was actually trying to type, and I switched modes between an X
proggie and VMware, and it probably got confused... not really VMware's
fault.

Later,
Paul
   J. Paul Reed              preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
   Is there fire in your eyes, or the glow of machines?  Watch how your
   fingers burn over the keys. So sure what you do...
                                       -- Young Offender, Pet Shop Boys