[NCLUG] desktop link behavior

Idris S Hamid ishamid at attbi.com
Mon May 27 17:45:12 MDT 2002

Dear Linux hackers,

I am just starting out with my new Linux system (Suse 8.0 Professional). I
have not used Unix extensively till now so I'll probably have lots of
questions in the coming days and weeks:-)

First off, my root account is acting a bit strange under KDE. After a session
using Acrobat Reader, after logging out and logging back in I find the
following strange behavior: upon clicking on any desktop icon the system
tries to open the directory with, not Konqueror, but Acrobat Reader (!) which
of course fails. How can I fix things?

Best wishes
Idris

--