[NCLUG] desktop link behavior

Idris S Hamid ishamid at attbi.com
Tue May 28 07:30:25 MDT 2002

> I'm assuming you're using Konqueror. If so, you might want to check under
> "Settings" -> "Configure Konqueror" -> "File Associations". Perhaps acrobat
> got associated with "all" files or something screwy like that. You should
> be able to fix the problem there.
>
> Caveat: I'm running SuSE 7.3 on a PPC, which is different from what you
> have, so the above option may be in a slightly different location.

Thnx 4 responding, Marcio. Here's what I did:
First I uninstalled acrobat to test things (it took nearly half a minute to
shut down whenever it tried to open a desktop file).

Next I did as you suggested:
"Settings" -> "Configure Konqueror" -> "File Associations"
->application-> x-desktop-> Application Preference Order [acrobat was no
mentioned there]-> add-> kfmclient.

Then I logged out and in again and clicking on a desktop icon gives:

KDEinit cannot find acroread!

Is there another way to configure kdeinit?

Best wishes
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid