[NCLUG] Another Job posting

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Wed Nov 6 22:19:40 MST 2002

John L. Bass writes...

> 	BlankRPM Solutions, www.gotorpm.com, is seeking a bid for web-site
> 	development.  Specifics:
>
> I admit some people may be interested in job posting, RFP's, RFQ's and other
> product or service solicitations, but in this forum it seems to me we are
> asking to be largely SPAM'd by every headhunter and business attempting to
> hire, contract, sell or purchase linux related products or services if we
> allow these postings by policy. If they are acceptable, then we should probab
> ly
> carefully define in what skills areas and geographic areas we want to accept.

I told Michael I thought it was ok to post this since it was local, Linux
related, and with the economy the way it is I know there are people looking. I
also told him if he started getting more than just a few that we should look
in to a local linux job board we could point people to.

As for today's USENIX posting, I told those guys a while back that they could
post on topic announcements, no more than twice a year. I think this is the
third one this year(since I told them) so they're pretty close to being
blocked from posting to the list. They certainly will be if they send another
anytime soon.

As for the "IT Samaritans" postings, I told the guy he could post exactly one
more time indicating that he wouldn't be posting anymore and that people would
need to join that project's list if they were interested. I haven't heard back
from him, but he hasn't posted anymore either.

FYI- spamassassin is doing a really good job for this list. It catches a few
every day and we haven't had any false positives yet. Thanks to Sean for
setting it up.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org