[NCLUG] Another Job posting

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Wed Nov 6 22:27:15 MST 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, John L. Bass wrote:

> I admit some people may be interested in job posting, RFP's, RFQ's and
> other product or service solicitations, but in this forum it seems to me
> we are asking to be largely SPAM'd by every headhunter and business
> attempting to hire, contract, sell or purchase linux related products or
> services if we allow these postings by policy. If they are acceptable,
> then we should probably carefully define in what skills areas and
> geographic areas we want to accept.  And then to be fair, notify the
> hundreds or thousands of businesses which may have wares or services that
> fit the acceptable use policy. Last I checked, the news groups which fill
> these roles have hundreds of postings per day.

I say do what SVLUG does:

http://www.svlug.org/policies/job-policy.shtml

Works pretty well, and in this economy, it *can* help if done correctly.

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                 preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  Wait, stop!  We can outsmart those dolphins.  Don't forget: we invented
  computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory
  hole, *and* the pudding cup!  -- Homer Simpson, Tree House of Horror XI