META RE: [NCLUG] Another Job posting

Rich Young rich at ExperiencePlus.Com
Thu Nov 7 09:54:38 MST 2002

How about nclug-deemed-on-topic-by-john-l-bass?  ;^)

The discussion of whether or not to allow such posts is
(as always) a greater strain on my oh-so-fragile delete
key than the posts that sparked the debate.

Maybe what we *really* need is nclug-meta - that way,
people who want to discuss the list rules can do so on
a special list reserved for just that purpose.
Cross-posting to the main NCLUG list could be done when
a conclusion is reached and action taken -- for example,
if we decided to create nclug-jobs, we'd tell everyone
on nclug and nclug-announce, too.  But the general
readership would be spared the discussion that led up to
it unless they opted in or went to the archives.

Or, better yet, we could just all agree to flag meta-
discussion with META in the subject line, and people
could filter on that.

--Rich