META RE: [NCLUG] Another Job posting

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Thu Nov 7 15:44:54 MST 2002

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:40:51PM -0700, John L. Bass wrote:
>consider actually charging this guys for list access. This is high dollar SPAM
>to me if we are not getting anything out of it.

The person who hasn't had an interview in over a year and gets work out
of it might not agree with you...

If thousands of people have *LOCAL* Linux-related jobs to post, I'm ok
with that.  Having too many local Linux jobs is not a bad thing, IMHO...
If the volume gets objectionable, we can deal with it by setting up a
nclug-jobs list -- Matt, just give the word and it'll be set up...

I *WOULD* like to publicly thank Michael for being polite about this
request and asking Matt about it before just throwing it out.  While
we're at it, I'd also like to thank him for regularly hosting the NCLUG
Hacking Society meeting for most of the last year.

On the other hand, NCLUG needs to be sensitive to it's users who, like
John, are upset by the list being used for job postings -- particularly
by recruiters.

John, what would you like to see?  A policy of charging for advertising
on the list?  A -jobs list created?

 "Do you expect me to use emacs?"
 "No, Mr. Bond.  I expect you to vi!"