[NCLUG] SGI-Like OpenGL Program Launcher?

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Nov 7 16:33:41 MST 2002

>I'm trying to find out
>1) what it was called, and 2) whether someone has ported it
>to Linux.

I found the first answer to my question (why is it that I
can never find anything *before* posting to the list, but
immediatly after posting it, I suddenly think of the Google
keyword that helps me to find it?). The SGI demo is called
"buttonfly". Here's the "man" page:

   http://ck-sg.p.lodz.pl/cgi-bin/man-cgi?buttonfly+6

And this page has some screenshots of it in action:

   http://ww2.cs.fsu.edu/~grant/projects/graphics/12_buttonfly/

As for the second question, about whether someone has ported
this to Linux, I've yet to find an answer (at least until I
post this, at which point I am bound to find the answer
shortly thereafter).

Marcio Luis Teixeira