META RE: [NCLUG] Another Job posting

bof bof at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 7 16:59:39 MST 2002

>Sean Reifschneider <jafo-nclug at tummy.com> writes:
>
>>On the other hand, NCLUG needs to be sensitive to it's users who, like
>>John, are upset by the list being used for job postings -- particularly
>>by recruiters.

Perhaps the solution is to have a separate jobs listing, as does CLUE.
IIRC, they set it up as a group on yahoo and one had to join to use it.

This initial posting and some the resulting discussion seems like a bit
of an over-reaction, however, and the amount of bandwidth on it is more
than most other topics I've seen on this list. Seems to me (and I am not
always faithful to this philosophy) that if the posting was found
objectional, it should have been deleted and nothing more said: a little
tolerance goes a long way (or used to way back at the end of the 20th
century).

BOF