[NCLUG] SGI-Like OpenGL Program Launcher?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu Nov 7 17:04:51 MST 2002

marciot wrote:
>>I'm trying to find out
>>1) what it was called, and 2) whether someone has ported it
>>to Linux.

As you already discovered, it is called 'Buttonfly'.  Oddly, I first saw
it on my Amiga 500.  So, I was less than impressed when the
multi-thousand dollar SGIs at the CSU visualization labs could do the
same thing... :)

Unfortunatly, Goggle is being a little selfish about turning up anything
interesting on the Amiga version of Buttonfly.  However, considering the
Amiga, I kind of doubt it was OpenGL -- and so, would be even more
difficult to port than the SGI versions...

On the other hand, considering the Amiga, you could probably do Button
Fly with SVGALIB nowdays! :)