[NCLUG] automatic date update?

Daniel Miles milesd at cs.colostate.edu
Mon Nov 11 15:15:22 MST 2002

You might be running a date/time updater (like ntpdate) that can keep
its own schedule outside the crond. Check your init.d and rcX.d to see
if there is something that gets started at boot.

These things (the date/time updaters) can be really neat if you
configure them for your area because they update to atomic time every so
often (mine updates once a week and I typically find that I'm around 30
seconds off). That way you'd know that your system always had the
correct time.