[NCLUG] ds: no socket drivers loaded!

Christopher C.J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Fri Nov 15 09:23:53 MST 2002

Thank you for all the help, but I don't want to waste your time any
more.   I resist coincidences, but I just tried to boot with a network
install diskette for RH and it looks like my network card is bad.  So
looks like it was a coincidence that it went bad at same time I wanted
to add support for my modem.

Thanks again...

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 05:02  PM, Matt Pujol wrote:

> When you look in /proc/pci do you see both the network card and the
> modem?
> If not, your system is not recognizing one of the cards when booting up
> the
> PCI bus.  It may be something as simple as PCI interrupt sharing, which
> you
> ought to be able to muck with in the BIOS settings.
>
> /***********************
> Matt Pujol
> CoreWare Product Marketing
> USB and 1394 CoreWare Technologies
> Consumer Custom Solutions Division
>
> LSI Logic
> 2001 Danfield Court
> Fort Collins, Co 80525
> 970-206-5816
> 970-206-5116 fax
> matt.pujol at lsil.com

>>> if I could get the modem to work on it.  I looked at what type of