[NCLUG] KRUD 8.0 upgrade

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Nov 24 11:18:41 MST 2002

>>>>> "kerry" == kerry blalock <kerryb at basicq.com> writes:

kerry> I just upgraded from 7.3 to 8.0 and had a problem with my httpd
kerry> server. It did not start up on reboot, so I tried to start it
kerry> and got the following.

kerry> [root at basicq kerryb]# /usr/sbin/httpd Syntax error on line 36
kerry> of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module
kerry> structure `config_log_module' in file
kerry> /etc/httpd/modules/mod_log_config.so: /usr/lib/libapr.so.0:
kerry> undefined symbol: config_log_module

8.0 uses apache 2.0. So the syntax of the config file has changed from
the 1.3 version that the 7.x series used.

- From the RELEASE_NOTES file:

     o The Apache HTTP server has been updated to version 2.0. The updated
       package replaces version 1.3 and has been renamed to httpd.

       . The auth_ldap, mod_put, mod_roaming mod_auth_any, mod_bandwidth,
       mod_throttle, and mod_dav modules have been removed.

       . WebDAV functionality is now included with the httpd package.

       . Some changes to existing configuration files are needed. Refer to
       the migration guide at /usr/share/doc/httpd-<ver>/migration.html for
       more details.

So, check out the migration guide for more info on how to migrate your
config.

kerry> I also have snort running on this box, reporting each day from
kerry> cron.daily. This has failed along with pflogsumm report. When
kerry> the update was copying files, I saw the following while in disk
kerry> 2

kerry> PSM_LOAD: header #348 not found, and on disk 3 PSM_RDB_LOAD:
kerry> header #252 not found

kerry> The upgrade continued to completition without any prompts.

humm... odd. Check your /root/upgrade.log file and see if it shows any
problem with those files. If the rpm had problems it would have
stopped the upgrade, so this might not be related.

You can also try running those jobs manually and see if they give you
any output.

kerry> Should I try to run the upgrade again, or is there another
kerry> solution?

I would try and run them manually first.

kerry> Kerry

kevin