[NCLUG] Database program deployment question

Rich Young rich at republicoftech.com
Thu Oct 3 10:55:43 MDT 2002

The obvious (easiest, not fastest) answer is to use that browser-based client
and HTTPS, right?  The setup all takes place here, where you can control it,
and all you need to be sure of is that they have the right browser.

What is the non-browser-based client app written in?  If it's a popular
open-source language like perl or python, you might be able to pass the
traffic through a gpg-like module on each end of the connection.  Or you
could just use VPN connections and leave it as-is.

Oh, and I found this on Google:
http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/c15679.htm
Looks relevant, I'd say.

I can't really address performance issues except to suggest that you consider
MySQL with one of the add-on packages that introduce transaction support.

Hope this helps,
Rich