[NCLUG] apache .htaccess question...

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu Oct 17 13:51:46 MDT 2002

JONES,LUKE (HP-Greeley,ex1) wrote:
I tried that on a stock KRUD 10/02 system and it didn't work. Specifically,
> I put a .htaccess file in a directory that I had no trouble accessing via a
> web browser. I don't mean that it authenticated me, but that it didn't even
> try. Didn't work when I tried it using groups, either. Not a hint of trouble
> when I looked at the apache access and error logs.
>
> So what am I missing?

Everyone has already told you myriad times what probably happened, but
let me add that the error messages in httpd.error are pretty useful...
It may have dropped a message like ".htaccess file ignored.
AllowOverride not set" or something...

Finally... long time no hear from!  Drop me a line and let me know how
you've been!