[NCLUG] re: question on your workstation

John jafish at spearnet.net
Sun Oct 27 07:19:33 MST 2002

Message: 1
From: Piet Roorda <prooroa at wanadoo.nl>
To: nclug at nclug.org
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:15:13 +0200
Subject: [NCLUG] question on your workstation

as I am thinking of buying about the same I wanted to know if you were ab=
le to=20
use it with linux,
I couldn't find any responses on your mail
I can either choose 866 (but is has just 1 processor)
or a 733 with 2 processors
regards,
piet

Yes it runs fine I am using Mandrake 8.2. I did switch the graphics card to a Elsa Gloria II, I picked up cheap on E-bay. I had to use the nvidia drivers, I did not try installing linux on the Fx4+ card
because the Elsa card blows the the HP card away and has a lot more memory (64 mb vs 18mb w/texture module installed). I did recieve one response that said it should work with the Fx4+ but they didn't
really give me any details about what drivers they were using. Good Luck John