[NCLUG] inexpensive certificate authority?

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Tue Oct 29 10:48:07 MST 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 dherr at frii.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive certificate
> authorities?  I need to get a third-party, Netscape/IE recognized, signed
> certificate for a secure web server.  Verisign wants $249, and Entrust
> wants $149.  Any others that would be better and/or less expensive?

/. saves the day once again:

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/10/02/000241

and

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/03/18/1855230

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                 preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  Wait, stop!  We can outsmart those dolphins.  Don't forget: we invented
  computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory
  hole, *and* the pudding cup!  -- Homer Simpson, Tree House of Horror XI