[NCLUG] Fwd: Howto partition a drive from a script???

Christopher C.J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Thu Oct 31 15:27:27 MST 2002

Sorry, last sentence should be "without user input".

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Christopher "C.J." Keist <cjay at engr.colostate.edu>
> Date: Thu Oct 31, 2002  03:20:03  PM US/Mountain
> To: nclug at nclug.org
> Subject: Howto partition a drive from a script???
>
> Wanted to see if anyone knows of a way to partition a hard drive (or my
> case a RW maginto-optical disk) from a perl script.  I only know of the
> manual way using fdisk.  I tried "parted" but it only works with sector
> size of 512 bytes, my optical disks are 2048.
> I have two HP 1200EX SureStore optical juke boxes, each contains 238
> 5.2GB optical disks and 10 optical drives.  I want to write a perl
> script that will load each platter and create a singe partition of typ
> "fd".
> I'm using mtx to control the juke box, but need a way to partition the
> drives with user input.
>
> Thanks...

C.J. Keist                                                     Phone:
970-491-0630
UNIX/Network Manager                           Fax: 970-491-5569
Colorado State University                        email:
cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Dean of Engineering

I just want the chance to prove, "Money can't buy happiness"....