[NCLUG] Fwd: Howto partition a drive from a script???

Gabriel L. Somlo somlo at acns.colostate.edu
Thu Oct 31 16:44:36 MST 2002

CJ,

I'm not familiar with sfdisk, but you can place all the keystrokes you
would normally type into fdisk in a file, and then

	cat fdisk.config | fdisk /dev/whatever_disk_device

The file would look something like this:

----------------------begin fdisk.config--------------------
1
1
130
2
131
1000
3
1001

1
82

The above is exactly what you would have to type into fdisk to obtain
the following:

     Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1               1       130   1044193+  82  Linux swap
/dev/sda2             131      1000   6988275   83  Linux
/dev/sda3            1001      4461  27800482+  83  Linux

I've used this successfully on lots of machines before.

Hope this helps,

Gabriel