[NCLUG] "red hat - the new redmond?" comment from mainstream online media

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Sat Sep 7 07:56:29 MDT 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, bill ehlert wrote:

> "There is growing concern in the Linux community that industry-leader Red
> Hat will become the 'Microsoft of the Linux world.'"

This is a /. repeat.

Don't forget the rebuttle from a Red Hat employee which points out a number
of things which make it impossible for RHAT to become the MSFT of the LNUX
world, not the least of which being "EWeek doesn't get 'it.'"

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/02/08/26/2219208.shtml?tid=23

Later,
Paul
  J. Paul Reed                 preed at sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
  Wait, stop!  We can outsmart those dolphins.  Don't forget: we invented
  computers, leg warmers, bendy straws, peel-and-eat shrimp, the glory
  hole, *and* the pudding cup!  -- Homer Simpson, Tree House of Horror XI