[NCLUG] Interrupt lost

Chris Funk chris at goldencoast.com
Thu Sep 12 17:08:13 MDT 2002

Hi All,

I've got an Athlon 700 system running mandrake 8.1 kernel 2.4.8-34.

The last week or so every couple days it "locks" up.  The hd light is on
solid, and the error on the screen that keeps repeating is

hda: lost interrupt

it doesn't write anything to syslog at this point, just keeps echoing to
the screen.  Can switch to another terminal, but can't login.  I reset it
and it is fine for another day or so.

This machine has been running fine for over a year. Nothing has changed
recently.  Maybe a hd controller going bad or the drive itself??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Funk