[NCLUG] NCLUG.ORG: Advanced Server 2.1 Woes and Wows

"Hoffmann, Jürgen" j.hoffmann at truck24.com
Fri Sep 20 08:26:40 MDT 2002

Hi,

I have just read you posting on nclug.org about your
experiences with RedHat Advanced Server.

There is one thing that is really interesting for us:

Did you get the Dual-Xeons to run with Gigabit-Ethernet?
What Kernel did you try?
We tried a self-made Kernel, because our Xeons are
not properly setup with Hyperthreading. We don't use
the Enterprise-Kernel (just 2GB RAM).
The Kernel boots well, but when accessing the
network over the GB-net the net-module crashes.

RedHat told us, that they are not supporting
Xeons on Advanced Server.

Thanks for your answer.

Regard,
Juegen Hoffmann

Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Hoffmann
Leiter Datenbanken und Server
Truck24 AG
Keltenring 13, 82041 München-Oberhaching
Tel. +49 89 62 833 10
Fax +49 89 62 833 20
Mobil +49 178 85 55 115
e-mail: j.hoffmann at TRUCK24.com