[NCLUG] Dumb terminal auto start

Chris Funk chris at goldencoast.com
Fri Sep 20 09:21:18 MDT 2002

Hi all,

I have setup a linux mp3 server at home.  I have several dumb terms
througout the house hooked up to the linux box which is hooked up to the
stereo.  Terminals work fine, get a login prompt etc.  Can play/select music
using mp3blaster.  Is there a way to have mp3blaster(console based mp3
player) come up automatically on the terminals without having to login.

I have tried this in inittab, but doesn't work.

mp:345:respawn:/usr/local/bin/mp3blaster /dev/ttyS0

All I could find on google and the text terminal howto was a way to auto
login.

I would like mp3blaster to come up as soon as the terminal gets turned on
and if you exit mp3blaster, it just fires it right back up.

Not a big deal, just wanted to impress the neighbors. ;-)

Thanks.
Chris