[NCLUG] E-Ink Signs in Ft. Collins?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Mon Sep 23 09:47:19 MDT 2002

Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I was reading about E-Ink (www.eink.com) and I was quite amazed by the
> technology. Supposedly retailers have been using this to create in-store
> signs that can be changed wirelessly. I was curious, has any of these signs
> been deployed here in Fort Collins? Althought I don't normally visit the
> mall, I wouldn't mind dropping by to gawk at one of these new wireless E-Ink
> signs.
>
> Drop me a note if there has been any E-Ink sign sightings here in Ft.
> Collins...

The only use I know of is just a simple full-page on-off flash.  They
were using it for cigarette sales thingies.  Or at least, that's what I
saw last time I visited the eink.com pages.  I can't find it now, but I
thought there was a whole company that was doing adverts using e*ink...

Anyway, I was wandering JC Penny's the weekend before last, and didn't
see anything... but then, I also wasn't really looking.  I'll let you
know if I see something...

Suffice to say, you might see it sooner at a convenience store...