[NCLUG] E-Ink Signs in Ft. Collins?

marciot marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Mon Sep 23 11:51:15 MDT 2002

>The only use I know of is just a simple full-page on-off flash.  They
>were using it for cigarette sales thingies.

Oh, great. They come up with some cool new technology that could have a myriad
of socially-redeeming uses and the first they do with it is sell cigarettes.

I got the impression that they could already do a full bitmapped display, but
perhaps they're focusing on the flashy things first (no pun indended).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the day in which I can use my laptop in full
sunlight. On the other hand, I'm not exactly sure I look forward to a future
where newspapers will have animated GIFs.

Marcio Luis Teixeira