[NCLUG] E-Ink Signs in Ft. Collins?

Michael Smith masmith at adams.net
Wed Sep 25 17:21:11 MDT 2002

Boy, that brings back memories...I grew up in the D.C. area and WWV was
about a mile from my house.  It stood on what is now part of the Goddard
Space Flight Center (museum area) facing the main 4-lane road, up on a small
hill.  No problem picking it up on my shortwave radio kit (or a sub-harmonic
on those cheapo transistor radios of the era...) Occasionally we could pick
it up on the phone (dial one number and listen *real* carefully).

I also remember trying to listen for the WWVH signal "under" the WWV signal
due to the offsets and the interval when there was no tone on the carrier.
I wonder if the "voice" of WWV has the same recognition factor as the
"You've got mail" one.

MAS

---