[NCLUG] Re: KRUD install (quent)

William Dan Terry william.terry at knotworks.com
Sat Sep 28 11:45:46 MDT 2002

At this point in the process I'm in the middle of a graphic install and
it is complaining an wants to bail. I only have the RAM image which
should be just what came off the CD. This is partially why I'm confused
as to what it really means. The CD works in other systems. So it has
something to do with the HW and I'm guessing the HD.

William

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:05:06 -0600
> From: quent <quent at pobox.com>
> To: nclug at nclug.org
> Subject: Re: [NCLUG] KRUD install
>
> That's the directory for all the pseudo-tty device special files.
> It looks like this on my Kayak:
>
> $ ls -l /dev/pts
> total 0
> crw--w----    1 quent    tty      136,   0 Sep 26 16:49 0
> crw--w----    1 quent    tty      136,   1 Sep 23 09:15 1
> crw--w----    1 quent    tty      136,   2 Sep 26 17:02 2
> crw--w----    1 quent    tty      136,   3 Sep 26 17:02 3
> crw--w----    1 quent    tty      136,   4 Sep 13 14:53 4
> crw--w----    1 quent    tty      136,   6 Sep 26 16:49 6
>
> 	Quent
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 04:22:49PM -0600, William Dan Terry wrote:
> > I'm trying to install KRUD on an HP Kayak XA. I get to the point
> > where it is formatting the HD. Just at the end (not sure if it
> > completed or if the error is just before completing the format), I
> > get "An error occured when trying to create /dev/pts: Input/output
> > error. This is a fatal error and the install cannot continue." I am
> > not familiar with /dev/pts. What device is this? Any ideas on how to
> > fix the issue?

How do we acquire wisdom along with all these shiny things? -David Brin

    PGP public key:     http://www.knotworks.com/wdt_pgp_pubkey.asc
    fingerprint:   DC 80 E4 18 E2 CB AC F4  8C 59 9B 9C BB A2 D7 4B