[NCLUG] logout config

Idris S Hamid ishamid at attbi.com
Mon Sep 30 15:55:28 MDT 2002

Dear gang,

In Suse 8.0 under KDE, I added a line to my home xinitrc file to automatically
mount the Windows partition. If I logout and another user logs into their
account, the Windows partition will still be mounted and the other user will
be unable to unmount it, with a message saying that it can only be done in
the original account. 2 questions:

1. Is there a file analogous to xinitrc where Windows can be unmounted
automatically as I log out?

2.  Why does mounting Windows using xinitrc lock up that partition so that
other users cannot unmount it. My home account is just a regular users
account (not root).

Thnx in advance
Idris
--