[NCLUG] php & mysql on frii

Rich Blinne e-lists at blinne.org
Tue Apr 1 14:04:04 MST 2003

Daniel Herrington wrote:

> My goal is to have a website that anyone can browse and see the
> current events, but only the administrator can add/edit/delete events.
> Has anyone else successfully set up a similar MySQL/PHP site on FRII's
> servers? I tried calling tech support, but the guy I talked to didn't
> know anything about setting up such things.

The magic phrase is "please turn on suexec on the Apache server".
Please let me know if you are successful so that I can change the
permission on my files on their servers.  Currently you are "nobody"
when running your stuff.  suexec allows it to be set to your own user-id
allowing you to set permissions to 600 for the database.