[NCLUG] Preventing ICMP DDoS

Stephen G. Smith sgs at max-uptime.com
Wed Aug 6 12:00:13 MDT 2003

Strange, the ISP (upstream) should consider this an attack on THEIR
network.
If they won't block the attack AND work to research and eliminate the
problem, I suggest finding a new ISP.

Perhaps a "bitch list" type of mailing to the offending network's abuse
dept and management?

Dropping packets only after they reach your network could be a mission
in futility.

Stephen G.