[NCLUG] Networking at the library.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 8 14:24:21 MDT 2003

I was at the Harmony branch of the public library a few months ago and
was asking around a bit about networking there.  They have a really nice
meeting space there that would be perfect for install fests and the
like, and should be much easier to deal with than trying to negotiate
things with the CSU LUG.

They have networking in there, but only internal networking, which we
couldn't use for any NCLUG meetings.  They've talked about setting up
the ability for people to use the net there, but want to make the public
part of the net segmented from the rest of the net.

I mentioned that NCLUG is a networking group and that my company does
this sort of thing as part of it's business, plus many people in the
group are very familiar with it.  I explained that we'd donate time and
probably equipment to get it so that there was usable net at the
library, but the person I was speaking to there couldn't have been less
interested.  I left my card, but haven't heard a peep.

So, my question is wether there's interest in setting up the library
such that we could more easily have regular install-fests, and if anyone
has any contacts at the library that might take it more seriously.  Or
perhaps some other ideas on how to approach it.

Thoughts?

 If you don't have time to do it right, when will you ever find time to do
 it over?