[NCLUG] RH 7.2

Paul Wehr wehrp at mac.com
Sun Aug 10 21:45:21 MDT 2003

As a neophyte (relatively) in the Linux world, I'm running RedHat 7.2
on an old Gateway P133 just to try out some server options primarily
for web design. I don't have it often open to the world, but I
wondering if even that was too much.

In some of the logs, I see attempted entry, including ssh. Today, I
noticed that all of my http logs, which used to be a mere 50-60K are
now zero. I didn't trash them. I'm only semi-paranoid, but I think I
may have been broken into. Naturally, all of the IP addresses come up
empty. I _was_ only getting robot searches for Windoze
files/folders/programs, but I think this is different.

Is my best bet just to reformat and start over? It's not like I have
anything valuable there. Or is there another option?

Paul