[NCLUG] "Quite frankly, I found it mostly interesting in a Jerry Springer kind of way. ..." -- L.T.

bill ehlert ehlert_b at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 12:02:55 MDT 2003

Reactions from Linus Torvalds

On May 30, Linus Torvalds was quoted by IDG.net
as saying, regarding the case:

"Quite frankly, I found it mostly interesting in
a Jerry Springer kind of way. White trash
battling it out in public, throwing chairs at
each other. SCO crying about IBM's other women.
... Fairly entertaining."
In an interview on June 23rd, Torvalds responded
to SCO's allegation that Linux development had no
process for vetting kernel contributions:

"I allege that SCO is full of it, and that the
Linux process is already the most transparent
process in the whole industry. Let's face it,
nobody else even comes close to being as good at
showing the evolution and source of every single
line of code out there."

from what appears (to me) to be a pretty
comprehensive discussion of the whole mess
at:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCO_v._IBM_Linux_lawsuit