[NCLUG] Networking at the library.

Timothy Kuhlman txk38 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Aug 12 18:13:01 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 02:24:21PM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> I was at the Harmony branch of the public library a few months ago and
> was asking around a bit about networking there.  They have a really nice
> meeting space there that would be perfect for install fests and the
> like, and should be much easier to deal with than trying to negotiate
> things with the CSU LUG.

I know nothing about the library setup but as a tangent I work at the new coffee house Everyday Joe's (on mason between Oak and Mountain) and I think it would be a great place for install fests and the like. Being the only geek around I am the one who setup the computer system there and one of my responsibilities is to book events so there are really no logistical worries. The computer setup is really simple, just a dsl modem, 4 port hub, 1 linux box (connected to an overhead projector), and a wireless access point. There aren't any available power strips or anything but if everyone brought stuff we could plug in at various points around the building and modify the network as needed.

If you are looking for a place and this fits I would love to talk about it more.

--
- Timothy Kuhlman

Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile.
	- Pierre Coneille