[NCLUG] HP's vpn from a home network

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Fri Aug 15 12:00:04 MDT 2003

Hi,

My wife needs to move onto our home network that connects to a cable
modem.  Her machine needs to connect, via a vpn, to some other machine
at HP.  I can ping that machine but the vpn stuff doesn't work.  I'm
assuming it has something to do with my firewall and I need to open
some ports up.  Does anyone know which ports are needed?  I'm using
smoothwall for my firewall and it has a bunch of vpn stuff but I don't
think that has anything to do with this. Or am I wrong about that, too?

Thanks,

Matt