[NCLUG] HP's vpn from a home network

Benson Chow blc at q.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 15 12:15:12 MDT 2003

I heard that comcast cablemodem is blocking VPN ports in attempts to
curtail the msblaster worm...  Don't know if this is the same issue you're
seeing, but as far as I know, the way to fix it is to call comcast and
have them unblock port 500, protocols 50 and 51 or something like that.  I
got this message from someone from work (it was distributed to all of
BCS?), so I guess there are many people seeing this issue enough to get it
distributed around ...

In other news, I think my cisco 675 as-is without punching holes seems to
work with NAI/Netlock...

-bc