[NCLUG] Breaking news! SCO is full of crap (big surprise)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 19 18:45:48 MDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 06:34:50PM -0600, jbass at dmsd.com wrote:
>While the Linux community (much of which is slandering SCO like the poster
>that started this thread) would like SCO to act faster, one does have to
>ask the question of why should SCO respond (or help) the linux community
>that is so strongly slandering it?

I think it's fair to say that SCO's actions so far haven't really done
anything to give Linux users any warm fuzzy feelings.  In fact, many
things they do seem to go out of their way to provoke folks in the Linux
community.

It would be fantastic if the Linux users didn't act on their getting
provoked, but I can understand why they are.

>But when many like Paul, want to go past the debate of just how much, or
>little, of Linux is tainted and needs to be redeveloped and focus and hateful
>slander ... then I say enough is enough.

We can't discuss how much or how little of Linux is tainted, because SCO
isn't providing enough details on which millions of lines of code they
believe was copied from their IP.  The millions of lines of code number
sounds quite high though...

 Do you think reading about cowboys is sufficient to ride a horse?
 Like horses, real programs tend to throw you.  -- John Shipman, 1997